Thanks for stopping by! We are always on an adventure...see what we're up to this week!


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The flood, the pet store and my little cowboy!


Because of the terrible rain we've had the last few days, many of the local rivers have flooded and caused some major flooding of homes and businesses.  The rain finally stopped today, so Jack and I took a drive around Jewett City to see how high the rivers there were.  These couple of pictures are from the waterfall at Ashland pond...Jack, Daddy and I go fishing here often, and it's normally just a quiet waterfall and small river that runs under a foot bridge.  Today, it was the roaring rapids...the water across the street flooded many homes and they were just about ready to close the road when we left.  I feel so sorry for all of the people who suffered damage to their homes due to this flood.  Thankfully, we managed to make out okay.


We couldn't do any playing outside today, so we decided to take a quick trip to the pet store so that Jack can see his animal friends....
This rat was cleaning it's belly...Jack thought that was pretty cool, because he said "I can't lick my tummy like that!"
Another animal that Jack really liked there today was a pair of ferrets...they were playing together in their cage, rolling around and chasing each other!!  This little guy was being chased out of it's toy ball by the other one when I took this one!  Jack thought they were pretty funny!  :)    
One quick stop to Walmart to check out the summer toys led us to this reallly cute cowboy hat! Jack loved wearing it....I think he looked so cool in it....he was singing "'cause I'm a cowboy, baby!" throughout the store!













1 comment:

  1. Aw, that ratty looks just like one of the pet ones I had! CUTE! ;o)

    ReplyDelete